Tuesday, November 27, 2012

i'm grateful for mothers

i wasn't able to go home to ohio for thanksgiving, but i was able to spend a couple days in utah with some really close family friends who might as well be family.  
while i was there surrounded by their children and grandkids, i realized how lucky i am to have so many amazing examples of really good moms in my life.
my mom, these family friends i spent time with, my grammy, and my sisters are all so selfless; they do so much for their children and are just awesome in general. they rarely fly off the handle, are so caring, and give up so much time and energy to raise their kids right.

here's a fun little snapshot about a couple of my favorite mothers:

 this is dixie, my grammy.  she is an insanely good cook, absolutely hilarious, and she has sacrificed so much throughout her life for my mother and her sisters.  she's been through some hard times, and because of her i know a young mother can accomplish anything.  
(from left to right)
-emily is really smart, an amazing cook who is always trying new recipes, and she's super thrifty, and that's something i need to learn from her.  
-kaylea is a total babe, hilarious, super giving, an amaaazing baker, and is really calm all the time.  when baby gus is being a pill she's super chill; i hope i can be like that.  
-georgia (my mom :)  is most likely the best mother on the face of the planet; she is also an amazing cook, baker, caretaker, and is so selfless. she also doesn't look old enough to be my mom, yet alone the mother of my 29 yr old brother.  while talking with her recently, i realized she had to bite her tongue a lot when i was younger as to not say exactly what she wanted to.  (i imagine she might have wanted to say "oh my gosh, you idiot, stop making terrible decisions all the time and giving me anxiety attacks.") yet she was patient and gave me loving advice instead. she's so patient, loving, giving, and forgiving; i am insanely grateful for her.  

1 comment:

  1. hey thanks! you're pretty amazing as well. i'm thankful for a crazy hilarious sister that i get to see in just a matter of weeks!

    ReplyDelete