Tuesday, January 15, 2013

two birthdays

let's be real, the star of this picture is my hair.
we might have forgotten to get candles...so we stuck two matches in the cake. haha, it was really classy. and resourceful.

 today i turned 22, and it was my first birthday away from home.  maybe that sounds a little crazy and you're thinking to yourself, "she must not get out much." but the thing is i go to school 1790 miles away from home and i just so happen as to usually be home from christmas time to april. but since i'm trying to graduate asap, i'm at school instead of in ohio.  
so before i flew back out to utah i celebrated my birthday with my awesome parents, mike and georgia, and it was so much fun; they're the coolest parents and i'm glad they put up with me wanting to hang out with them all the time.


the cake was from this awesome bakery in whitehall.  so. good. 

The insanely adorable card kayela sent me. i kind of want to frame it; it's that cute.

birthday swag.
 my actual birthday was so fun, too. i got so many cute texts and voicemails all day from all my favorite people. the text from my dad made me a little weepy! he's so sweet. tonight my adorable roommates made me brownies tonight and they actually bought candles (smart girls) and they were delish.  on friday one of my best college friends kassi is driving up and we're going to see vocal point and eat some chick fil a and hang out so the birthday celebrating isn't over yet! 
bam. birthday brownies. 

3 comments:

  1. Love it!
    And, those shirts are absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love those shirts too. and that hello kitty cake is way cute too. also, expect a card in the mail this week. and you should totally frame that card. definitely frame-worthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the card em! hanky is so insanely cool/adorable.

      Delete