Friday, January 20, 2012

best birthday ever.

my 21st birthday was last sunday.  i gotta admit, i was a little bummed about my birthday weekend since clark was in utah going to school and i've only lived in columbus for a grand total of 2 months; i just wasn't sure what i was going to do for my birthday...


...then this kid showed up.  funny story: i had a job interview in dublin on friday, which is where clark's family lives, so clark called me in the morning and told me his mom had a present for me.  the weather was terrrible that morning so georgia drove me and she hung out at the mall across the street.  i decided i would stop by clark's house after my interview, which lasted over 2 hours.  so we get to clark's house and go inside and talk with his mom and siblings for a little bit, and then his mom goes to the basement to get my present. then clark walked into the room! i froze...i didn't even know what to do.  at first, i told myself it wasn't real, since clark was in utah. but it was real! it was awesome. best. surprise. ever.


for dinner on saturday night clark, my parents and i went to dirty frank's, my favorite local hot dog place that has tofurkey hot dogs and a variety of vegetarian toppings.  we feasted.  i shamelessly ate 2 hotdogs and a plethora of amazing tater tots.  best. meal. ever.


here are all my birthday goodies.  turns out both my parents and clark got me 7 brides for 7 brothers.  which makes sense since i've been talking about wanting it for months. it is seriously the best. musical. ever. and who doesn't love modern family? no one. that's who.  


My cake was too cute to boot.  red velvet with hot pink icing, of course. the "sparkler" candles were slightly terrifying.  as you can see in the above picture, my eyes are filled with fear.  they kept flickering and refused to be blown out.  half funny, half terrifying.  

seriously. my birthday was amaaaazing. and on monday afternoon clark, his parents, and i went to this fancy little italian restaurant that was pretty delish.  then i dropped clark off at the airport.  

i'm so grateful for my family and friends who made my birthday so special and fun!

4 comments:

  1. best birthday ever! i love you. and those wedges. and that cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brynn, you're too cute! I hope you don't mind that I'm following your blog. I just saw you posted about it on Facebook :) I'm glad you had such an amazing birthday! Sounds like it was a blast!! Are you in Ohio for good? Or will you be back in the "holy land" again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly! I'm so glad you're following me! As soon as I post this I'll follow you right back! I will be back in Ohio in April, so we def need to meet up and hang out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete